Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Don't Understand? They Can Score In Practice?

There has been a lot of "media hype" around this 100-0 girls high school basketball game. I for one think if these points are in fact true:

- The winning team stopped pressing after 3 minutes when they were up 25-0
- They played zone almost the entire game
- There were only four 3 pointers made
- Only 12 points were scored in the 4th Quarter
(1st Quarter - 35, 2nd Quarter - 24, 3rd Quarter - 29)

Then the issue that the team "ran up the score" is very inconclusive and the coach certainly does not deserve to fired nor should he have to apologize.

I have a few points:
1) Why did they come out guns blazing in the 3rd?
2) Did the losing team get any free throws attempts (you gotta make you free throws man)?
3) Lets be honest, 100 points is very high for a girls high school team, 65-0 ok, not 100.
4) The losing teams looks like they were making jumpers in practice. I really can not understand why in 40 minutes of play they could not make 1 bucket.




There won't be any particular structure to my blog for awhile, this is just something I found kind of amusing.

1 comment:

  1. The entire story is very fishy. I'd lean towards dude shouldn't have been fired... but 100-0? There had to be a way to keep that from happening without completely insulting your opponent.

    ReplyDelete